Friday, November 19, 2010

THE WAY WE WERE...AND WHY WE CHANGED

I was very spoiled by my husband the first 8.5 years we were married. J would do anything in his power to see to me being happy. The fact is, I wasn't happy at all. It felt so wrong for me as a woman to be sitting back letting him do all the work. When I would say something about it he would say I don't do this stuff because I feel like I have to, I do it because I love you and I want you to be happy. One would think that I would be appreciative to J for all the work he put forth to see to me being happy. But in fact, I was very close to leaving him. I felt like he deserved so much better than me. I was unmotivated at the time. I do not like for my home to be messy and on days when I just didn't have the energy to straighten the house J would quick straighten it up, to keep me happy.

One day I had so much built up stress and no way to release it.  I didn't smoke, didn't drink, didn't take medication. On this day, in the night, I went into the living room and sat very frustrated. J came in there and was standing by the stairs and asked me what's wrong. I told him that I wanted him to beat me. He was shocked. He said absolutely not. I was crying, and said I want you to use your belt and turn me black and blue. He refused again. He wanted to know where this was coming from, since it was the first time I had mentioned it. I told him that I felt like it would release all my stress to have pain like that. He still said there's no way he could ever do that to me. We fought, our voices were at yelling level now. Looking back, it was the stupidest argument we've ever had. I was so ready to walk out that door and just leave it all, all because he wouldn't beat me with his belt. I explained, in a yelling tone, that I have no other outs...no means to get rid of my stress and I couldn't believe he wasn't willing to do this for me. He said FINE, you want me to use my belt on you...GET IN THE BEDROOM NOW! I still sat on the couch, arms crossed. He walked over to me and said, I want to do this for you. Now, GET UP and GET IN THE BEDROOM. He reached down for my wrist. He pulled me up and I went in the bedroom. He had me strip down and lay over the bed. Our bed is tall, it comes up to my hips and I'm 5'5". I leaned over and heard his belt as he removed it from his jeans he picked up. I had a ton of mixed feelings, just hearing the sound it made. He began swatting me with it, over and over. My bottom, legs, back...It felt so good to me for some reason. It hurt but it felt really good too. Once he was finished I felt all my stress had gone away. I thanked him. We went to bed.

Now that that door was opened I started feeling some motivated to help out around the house and started listening to him more, when he'd say not to do something. About 6 months later I had a dream. Someone said the word submissive woman and when I woke up I went upstairs and told J about my dream and I asked if there was such a thing as submissive woman. I had never heard that before. He said yes, some women are submissive. I got on my computer and started researching. Found the meaning of submissive woman and some ways to help get you there. We talked about it some but he did not act like he wanted a "submissive woman" so I didn't push the subject. During all this time from the first time he had used his belt up to this point he had only needed to use his belt on me a few times. Mostly I was staying stress free and not being as bratty or mouthy...even though at the time, he never told me not to be mouthy or bratty. Neither one of us knew what we were doing, but whatever it was, it was working. I continued researching, trying to find out if I was normal for wanting spankings and then I came across the word Domestic Discipline (DD). It all made sense to me. I'm not the only woman out there that has a desire to be spanked by my husband. J and I went to the walking track one evening and as we were walking I mentioned to him that I found something on the web called DD. I told him all about it and then I requested him to discipline me. He said he wasn't sure, he'd think about it and let me know. I told him this is a commitment and that I think it will help us grow closer. He was afraid it would change who we are to much, then one or both of us wouldn't be happy in the marriage. I told him we can take it slow and I would put in a good effort to help out more and be calm and keep things peaceful. The next day he agreed to it. He had researched it and learned what his role of HOH meant and what was expected of a spanked wife. I was excited that he agreed to do it. I had found a DD forum a week or two after starting DD officially. We love this forum and the people on there are like family to us. This was last July. In September we started a submission exercise that instructed that I would receive a spanking every single day for at least 6 weeks. I am finally at a level of submission that is comfortable for now. I managed to get submissive by submitting to the daily spankings and listening as my HOH reminded me of few rules he does have in place, and asking other questions and me asking questions. We are both where we want to be for now. The daily spankings lasted 8 weeks and 1 day. I am now respectful of who he is and the things he does for me. Now I do things for him as well. He does not require me to call him Sir, but simply out of respect for the things he has done for me I do say soft yes and no Sir's to him. It's just becoming natural to me.

I love how close the DD lifestyle has made us. He said there's no way that he'd have it any other way now. He loves this lifestyle and what it has done for us and we both agree that there is no turning back. He has stepped up as the man of the house and makes good choices for our household. He expects me to not test him, he said we are past that point now. He doesn't tolerate even the slightest bit of testing. I'm not mouthy, or bratty toward him anymore either. Our home is happy and peaceful most of the time. Lots of laughing, and love.  Last month we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary.  Thanks for reading my first post :-)  Jess

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jess -

    Thank you for sending me the link to your blog via the forum. I think this is a wonderful first post, and I'm really glad I got to know more of your personal story. It's always interesting to see how each couple first decided to incorporate DD into their marriage. Yours is probably one of the most unique stories I've heard, and you did a wonderful job of writing it out. You've certainly had an interesting journey so far, and I definitely look forward to reading with you as you continue down this path with J.

    Thanks so much for starting this blog! I can't wait to read your future posts!

    -RW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a beautiful story and I am so glad you have started a blog to share your journey with us . Just in the short time I have known you, I have been amazed at the transformation in your life. You have grown so much, that I feel I have a lot that I can learn from you! I look forward to hearing more, Jess. I put you on my blogroll.

    Kady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess,
    I'm hearing this story more and more of women who recognize the problems with their own behavior, and instinctively know what would remedy the situation. You had to be terrified in telling him what you needed, wondering if he'd think you were crazy or having some sort of mental breakdown. It took a lot of guts. I'm sure that many women who know what you know keep it to themselves and live lives of quiet desperation. You went out on a limb, and your husband, bless his heart, stepped up to a responsibility that had to be hard for him. That daily submission exercise had to cause a growth spurt in both of you. Congratulations for getting through it.

    Welcome to the blogosphere. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess -

    Great first post, and welcome to the blogging community. I enjoyed reading your story, and could relate to most if not all of your feelings here. I was once in that same position myself (well, sort of, anyways). None the less I see a lot of myself in your words. Thanks for sharing, and hope you decide to stick around.

    Jenn (LovedandLed)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the support. It means so much to me. We've had alot of ups and downs during our short time of offically living a "DD" lifestyle. Thankfully now we are having alot more ups then downs. We've gotten through the testing phase and the submission exercise we just did helped us to decide what works best for us. I look forward to learning more about blogging. Some ladies on a forum have said they will help me with that. Thanks again everyone. Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your blog.

    Just one small technical point. The "back" includes the area over the kidneys, which can be harmed if the impact is too sharp or deep. Also, the tail bone is very vulnerable and subject to painful damage. Anyone starting out would be wise to get a good starting book on BDSM and learn a few technical points just to be safe.

    I also think you have a very unique story and would like to see more.

    ReplyDelete